February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope that you all are taking the opportunity today to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, and that cupid has brought you something to make you feel warm and tingly inside. (Besides the fact that we all know how important it is to stimulate the economy by boosting Hallmark's bottom line!)
I thought I would celebrate by telling you a little about my family-- the people I love best.
Ryan-- Husband and father extraordinaire and my soul-mate. We met and fell in love while attending Southern Utah University in Cedar City. After several years and complications, we were married in the Manti Temple on a beautiful, snowy December day. We just celebrated our sixth anniversary. Ryan is very passionate. He loves to play the guitar, and he loves soccer and BYU football. He enjoys reading, video games, movies and music. He is also smart and funny! You should check out his blog.
Benjamin-- My bright first born. He is eight and in the 3rd grade (The accelerated class, no less! Proud mommy moment!). He has got gorgeous, twinkling blue-green eyes and just a hint of dimples. I am thinking we are going to have to beat the girls off with a stick in a few years! He loves science-- especially doing chemical experiments and learning about space. Right now he wants to grow up to be in the military, but he has also toyed with the idea of working at Sea World, becoming a pilot, or being an astronaut. He's got great potential, and I know he will succeed at whatever he settles on. (Let's just hope it's something that will allow him to help his parents have a nice, cushy retirement!)
Sophia-- Darling, kissable three-year old munchkin. Sophia has got beautiful blue eyes, and the most contagious smile you have ever seen. She climbs on the bus four times a week to go to preschool, which she thinks is the greates thing ever. She loves all animals, especially dogs, and she loves hugs and snuggles. Sophia has Angelman Syndrome-- a chromosomal abnormality that causes her to have global developmental delays-- but she is making lots of progress.
Isabella-- Cutest baby ever! Bella is 17 mos. old, and is working hard on learning to talk. So far, her favorite phrase is "What's that?" She spends most of her day exploring the world and pointing at things asking, "What's that?" She can say mama, dada, dog, cookie, clock, shoe, hi and probably some others that I haven't picked up on yet. She has an irresistable chubby-cheeked smile, but so far she seems like a very serious child. She often looks like she is concentrating very hard on her inner thoughts, and if you cross her path, she can give you a scalding scowl worthy of an angsty teenager! I'm not sure if that is a talent or not, but it is inexplicably endearing, perhaps because it makes her smiles that much more precious.
I love each of them so much, and feel so blessed to look forward to having them for eternity.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

I can even feel the love through cyberspace! Thanks, baby. :)

Stefani Boam said...

I am so grateful to get to spend all eternity with you all as well! You make my life so much better! Love Stef

wackywilsons said...

Okay girlie...you need to keep on blogging away! I want to catch up with you...especially that 'tag' I sent to you:)

Life with the Warrens said...

finally i got your blog address. now we can K.I.T. hahahha that was so Junior High

Life with the Warrens said...

ps your profile pic is sooooo sexy. wow you are pg-13 in that shot! love it!

myrna said...

You really do have an amazing family, and I'm not the least bit partial! ;) We at our house love you so much.