This will be my eighth Mother's Day, and those eight years have brought with them a spectrum of emotions I didn't know were possible: joy, humility, frustration, worry, exhilaration, relief, sorrow, pride, gratitude and a profound unconditional love that springs from the deepest part of my spirit. The four babies I have been blessed with have taught me about divinity in a way that would not be possible had I not become a parent. I am so thankful to have a good mother who has shepherded me through the rocky paths of life, a mother-in-law who is one of my best friends, a stepmom who is an admirable example of service and hard work, grandmothers who are proud of my every little accomplishment, and an unspeakably beautiful Heavenly Mother who is anxiously watching my progress here on earth.
So, Mom, Myrna, Leslie, Grandma Brimhall and Grandma Boweter (do angels have access to the internet?): I love you. Thank you for helping to shape me into the woman I am. I pray that I am making you proud and that my children will also grow up to make you proud.
And to Ryan: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a mother and for holding my hand through all the tears and the laughter.
I love you!
Happy Mother's Day.
May 9, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
This will be my eighth Mother's Day, and those eight years have brought with them a spectrum of emotions I didn't know were possible: joy, humility, frustration, worry, exhilaration, relief, sorrow, pride, gratitude and a profound unconditional love that springs from the deepest part of my spirit. The four babies I have been blessed with have taught me about divinity in a way that would not be possible had I not become a parent. I am so thankful to have a good mother who has shepherded me through the rocky paths of life, a mother-in-law who is one of my best friends, a stepmom who is an admirable example of service and hard work, grandmothers who are proud of my every little accomplishment, and an unspeakably beautiful Heavenly Mother who is anxiously watching my progress here on earth.
So, Mom, Myrna, Leslie, Grandma Brimhall and Grandma Boweter (do angels have access to the internet?): I love you. Thank you for helping to shape me into the woman I am. I pray that I am making you proud and that my children will also grow up to make you proud.
And to Ryan: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a mother and for holding my hand through all the tears and the laughter.
I love you!
Happy Mother's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We do love to hear "gun-key", and all the other new words from little Beauty! She has such an imagination - should have seen her "feeding" her baby and teddy bear pretend food. She was really into the "mothering" role. You are a great role model to this little mother-in-training!
Yes, yes, we are so proud of you, and grateful we belong to you!
I couldn't have hand-picked a better Mother for my children. Wait -- I did!
Post a Comment