August 20, 2008

The End of Tile!

More bathroom progress to report! Ryan and Opa finished cutting and laying the tile, and then I did the grout. It was kind of fun-- like playing in wet sand. It looks so good! I can't wait to do the upstairs bathroom now. But we still have some finishing work to do... we need to seal the grout, put up molding, set the toilet and sink, and hang a door on the storage closet you can see in the background. It's getting so close!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Wow what a satisfying feeling to get those projects done and DIY too. I can't wait to see it completely finished :-)

myrna said...

Super - you're the pros at this now! Good job!

hcrecord said...

I'm glad somebody's making progress on their bathroom, cause we sure aren't!

Life with the Warrens said...

i am so proud of you with those cute knee pads on. lookin' good!

Cynde said...

I am impressed. You know way more than I do about that sort of thing. About the girls clothes. I am not on a hand me done list and I am a little freaking out about this because yet again I am having a child in the opposite season as the last of that Gender. I guess everything can't be just the way we want it! But I guess it would be nice.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Not even finished with this and already talking about the next DIY project? Wow!!! My contractor just drove away with a check now that my deck is completed. (That's my idea of DIY ... oh wait, I didn't even write the check, Gary did! Better still!) Your bathroom looks GREAT so far. Hope you do a before-and-after post. : )

wackywilsons said...

YEAH!!!!!!

Finally, the end is in sight! keep up the momentum, and you may NOT want to ever move b/c your house will look so great:)

I loved those pix of your kiddos, they are so adorable...bit ol blue eyed darlings;)

I love Jack Johnson, I am a bit jealous...I bet it was wonderful.