August 12, 2008

Happy Feet Tag

Becky has tagged me with a meme about shoes... she wanted me to pick a favorite pair that make me especially happy. So I looked in my closet. The shoes were mostly obscured by laundry. So I did some straightening up and looked again. Then my heart went all melty and squishy like a popsicle left on the countertop. How could I choose just one pair? It would be like choosing a favorite child! (Okay, so I have a worldly weakness for shoes, but before you go worrying about me, rest assured that if I had to give up my shoes to feed or clothe my children, I would. ) I picked one pair, and then another, and in the end, none of them would be left out. They jostled for position on the bed, each wanting to show off. But finally they were all settled and ready for the camera. Isabella obligingly said, "Cheese!" for them. Shoes make me happy!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh, you made me laugh out loud! Julie, I love you!

Becky said...

LOL! I should have known better. I can just see all your shoes kicking each other out of the way to get in the best position for the shot. Thanks for playing :-)

hcrecord said...

Julie! Hi! I'd ask how you are, but I've been reading your blog for about three weeks so I already know. I've never blogged before so I didn't have an account and just barely took the time to create one. I love the shoes bit! I remember a specific love for boots though. It rubbed off on me! Love the blog, keep it up. P.S. just finished breaking dawn! Had to tell someone!
Heather

Julie said...

HEATHER!!! Where have you been all my life? Phone number? Email? I am putting a link to my email address in my profile right this second... you'd better click it and get in touch with me! I miss you! I need to see your cute kidlets! Is that enough exclamation marks for you?

myrna said...

Cute shoes for a cute gal. I'll bet Bella had great fun helping arrange the shoes. She is following in Mommy's footsteps (is that too punny?)

Brad and Karlie Lundell said...

Hey Julie

I created a Brimhall Family Blog. I thought about doing this a while back, but just hadn't done it. It looks like we are really the only one's that really blog in this family. So, I really need your help to get this going. Here's the blog: http://brimhallfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

I set up a gmail email for the whole family. That way, anyway in the family can log on and blog, as long as they have the username and password. I see that you attached your email on your profile, so I'm going to send you the information. Send on the information to anyone in the family who you have emails for.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Let's hear it for those of us who have so many shoes they don't know what to do! *CLAP! CLAP!*

I was tagged, but the thought of even admitting to the number of shoes I own, let alone picking a fave put me right down into the kitchen seeking chocolate!

I applaude your fortitude in pulling these cuties out and piling them into a shot. (I have no wide angle lens, thus I nibble chocolate and hummm happy feet tunes.) : )