September 28, 2008

Sushi!

Lucky Ben got to try sushi with his Dad on Saturday. I don't know, Ben... it looks pretty yucky to me. He was so proud of himself for being brave enough to try it. (I am proud of him, too!) Next on his list of foods to conquer? Octopus tentacles. Yikes! He definitely doesn't get this tendency to walk on the culinary wild side from me. Here is his foodie review: "The fish eggs were pretty good. Kind of salty. Seaweed was salty, too. I don't know about raw fish, though. It's kind of good, but kind of gross at the same time."

3 comments:

Becky said...

LOL... Brave guy you got there. I tried to get my kids to eat octopus about a week ago and they wouldn't even touch it. To their credit, neither would I.

myrna said...

Sushi, gotta luv it! I like some but not all. I think Ben is pretty brave for his age!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I love sushi. (Did I mention I am in the minority in this family?)

I love a spunky kid who'll try new things. My kids are adventurous in the food department. Their dad has learned to join the fun . . . smile optional, but grimace NEVER allowed! ; )