November 24, 2008

Crashin' Crunchin'

*crash* This is what my life has become. *crunch*

I have car wrecks on the brain. My new job is with a company called Home Tech, Inc. They contract out transcription services to insurance companies, so night after night you can find me typing from two to four hours about who was speeding, who ran which light, who smashed which car, who is an insufferable idiot, and so on and so forth. I get other cases, sometimes. Homeowner's policies, fire, theft, worker's comp claims. But by and large it is car crashes. I feel like I am living and breathing car crashes. Not only am I listening to stories about them as I type, type, type away, but then I go to bed and dream about them. When I drive, I am watching all the cars around me wondering who is going to do what next-- which I have to admit has done wonders for my defensive driving skills. :)

So, here is my dose of unsolicited advice for the day: If you are in a car accident, always, always find a witness; never, never apologize or admit fault (sad, but true); always, always call the police; don't move your car until they get there and take some of your own photos.

And I hope I never have to transcribe an accident account for any of you! Be safe!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I learned never to admit guilt the hard way... here I was trying to be a good Christian and I got scr****.

Jenn said...

Hey! Glad to read about you. I haven't blogged in a while. Can you send me your email again? Send it to jlkrobinson@hotmail.com. I erased the wrong one! Read Jessie's blog...WHS...funny.

myrna said...

Wow, that must be tough to live and breathe that stuff each day. When I saw your heading I caught my breath, afraid the crash happened to you!!!! Glad it is just dreams. Though they can be horrid too.

Becky said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I tagged you :-)

wackywilsons said...

It's so interesting how work can really involve your subconsciousness. I appreciate the advice and I will make an extra effort tonight as I drive home. After my run in with the drunk driver, I know that my senses are very alert!

Life with the Warrens said...

wow sounds like you are having a blast! i thought you were gonna say that is all ben is playing is video games with cars and crashing. now i see it is you playing them only with real people and real accidents.