November 7, 2008

Fall Fun!

Will someone please make the time stop speeding by like a teenaged boy on a bullet bike? How can it possibly be fall? November? Seven weeks until Christmas? Three months until my 30th birthday? With all my babies no longer babies? I am so overwhelmed lately by the feeling that trying to get a grip on my life is like trying to grab the soap in the bathtub-- just when I think I've got my fingers around it, it shoots out and slides toward the drain again.
Here are a few pics to remind myself that yes, indeed, we did have a beautiful and enjoyable autumn.

7 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

You will spend your entire life grasping for that slippery bar of soap we call life. Just leave it lay, melting slowly in the pool of life, and enjoy the bubbles that surface in its diminishing wake. Life is so good -- don't worry about missing it. Drink deeply of the daily joy and savor its memory in the quiet of your heart. BUT DON'T LET IT PASS IN A BLUR OF WORRY!

Much love and prayers to you, my sweet friend.

Becky said...

What Debbie said ;-)

AND

I miss you so much! I am glad you surfaced if just for a moment to come up for air. Sorry you are so swamped. I'm there watching the office with you every week ;-) but totally not in a stalker like way :-0

Becky said...

Oops for got to say how BIG Isabella is! Look at that little beautiful girl. I feel your pain my friend.

Julie said...

Thank you for the support, my friends. Can you tell that I am leaving Isabella in the messy baby-fro and binky stage much longer than I ought to? :p

myrna said...

Where have I been??? I missed all these cute blogs and fun pix! So glad you share them so we can check in anytime and check back often! It looks like you made the most of the lingering lovely weather.

wackywilsons said...

i can totally relate! When did this 4pm pitch black outside thing start happening???

Life with the Warrens said...

i love the pics! the girls are growing like weeds and i wish we could be there to see you atleast once this season! anyhoo we will be in utah at the end of december for a little vaca. i know that jeremy and I both want to see you and your family so let's make sure we get together. we will probably be there around the 28th. just in time for the new year. boy o boy i wish i was not coming back after that. i miss the change in seasons and the smell of rain and snow. it is hot Hot HOT here.