September 5, 2008
Time-- Whoosh!
It's the weekend already? How did that happen? This week has been a blur of activity, just like last week. Here are a few highlights.
We had two yummalicious barbeques over Labor Day weekend. Ryan and I are blessed with the two most awesome moms in the whole galaxy. We are so lucky that they live close to us and like to invite us over to feed us and entertain our children. Thanks, Nana and Oma! We love you!
I have turned into minivan-mom extraordinaire. I decided to take Sophia to school in the morning instead of waiting for the bus to pick her up, because I wasn't getting Ben to his school on time. So now my morning is a half an hour in the car dropping off one and then the other kid. Isabella waves to them and then chants, "Ben go gool? Sophie go gool?" all the way back home. The bus brings Sophia home at 11:30, and then at 2:00, we pile back in the car for another half an hour to pick Ben up. Bella and Sophie like smooshing their faces on the windows and watching all the kids walk by while Isabella says, "Where's Ben?". It's kind of a drag to spend so much time in the car everyday, but from what all the other moms tell me, this is only the beginning, and I will be playing chauffeur for the next 15 years. At least I can take a book to read while I'm waiting.
I learned a line dance at Relief Society on Wednesday night. It was so fun! I felt a little like a teenager again. Except that I was totally out of breath by the end of the song. Since when did I get so out of shape? And the guy teaching the dance was so young and so cute! He was probably 18 or 19, and I felt like a withered, old prune in comparison. But maybe I am looking at it from the wrong perspective. Maybe I'm more like well-aged cheese. Mmmmmmm... *sniff*... Do you smell that? That is the pungent odor of an approaching 30th birthday... LOL!
The rest of the week has been a wrangle with the mundane: working on the trim in the basement, trying to get the van to pass inspection, trying to keep the house from looking like a disaster area, trying to get chores and homework done without bloodshed, trying to figure out how to fit work into my already long day, trying to find five minutes to kiss Ryan and remind him that I love him, etc.
And now it's time to get back to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
(((((Julie))))) Time does fly, especially with a holiday thrown in. I do enjoy your poss so much and hearing about busy Mom stuff that I don't have to do. ;-) Still wish you were closer so we could do a kid trade.
I was a homeschooling mom from the start, but with therapy and ballet lessons and orthodontist visits ... I became a "VW Vanagon Mom" extraordinaire. (We lived in Santa Cruz and were way too poor to by a trendy mini-van.) : ) We called our vanagon the "Traveling Family Room." (Our house didn't have one of those either!) I had a basket for snacks, one for books, one for story and music tapes, one for nursing supplies, and one for emergency medical needs (which happened to us OFTEN). I cruised around coastal roads and smiled at the beauty of our drive and the snugness of our little van -- our home away from home.
I am way beyond those days, but I have such fond memories of ocean breezes and Jungle Jam story tapes. Go ahead ... make the 30 minute drive FUN! (It's okay to change the rules and have more fun than the next mom -- maybe you'll infect her and you can both have more fun.)
I love your posts about real life and real people and real challenges with real solutions (or maybe just coping mechanisms).
You're in my prayers, right next to Becky and her brood of cuties! : )
See...now those are the details that I wanted to hear about when I asked you how your day was going! I think it's great that you have so much ambition to daily maintain a certain level of sanity every day;) Mini van, chores, diapers, and all!
Wow, you have such a blithe spirit. I know there are days when all this stuff gets you down, but I am glad you have some outlets for venting and sharing! I love peeking into your world this way - since I can't be there every moment!
well atleast you are spending time with the girls whether it be at home or in the car. who cares how long it takes to drive and be in the car. you are a good mom to do that. i have to walk everywhere. rarely do i get a car unless i am hanging out at the DMV registering the car 4 times to get it right and end up with bruised fingers cuz i was trying to get the plates off and surrender the new ones in a parking lot with only hispanic speaking men. that is not such good quality time with your young 'un.
Post a Comment