September 19, 2008

"Where Blankey?"

Last night we experienced a toddler disaster of epic proportions when we couldn't find Isabella's blanket. She has become very attached to a certain pink, fuzzy blanket with satin edges. She likes to carry it around with her, Linus-style, and will not go to bed without it. But last night, we could not find it anywhere! It wasn't in her crib, it wasn't under the bed, it wasn't on the floor, it wasn't in the toy box. We were literally tearing the house apart looking for it-- ripping blankets off of beds, turning over furniture, emptying closets. I had a hunch that she had tucked it away somewhere silly, but I was looking in all the silly places I could think of with no luck! When I asked her, "Isabella, where is your blankey?" she started running in frantic circles chanting, "Where Blankey? Where Blankey? Where Blankey?" Ryan even searched through the garbage can, but we finally gave up and tried to tuck her in with a blanket of a similar texture. She snuggled down in her bed, and I thought we were going to get away with it, but as soon as I shut the door, she started bawling, "Where Blankey?!" Sigh... We love our baby and are always so sad to hear her cry, and apparently her plaintive wails were just the hint Ryan needed. He said he tried to envision her toddling around and stowing the blanket somewhere, and so he tried opening one of the kitchen cabinets. We could almost hear choirs of angels singing as he pulled it out from amongst the cans of tomato sauce. Hallelujah! Bedtime was saved! Daddy is the hero! Now hopefully she grows out of this before she hits high school...

5 comments:

nicole said...

lol awww
that is so adorable!
what a relief that daddy found it.
=]

i hope you don't mind i read a little.
i found you through our similar interest in the church.
you have a beautiful family. it caught my attention =]

Becky said...

Oh No!!! Not the dreaded tucked away in play blankey disaster! The worst is when it is in the first place you looked... just not hard enough :-p

myrna said...

Blankey, blankey! Who's got the blankey? It is funny that Bella is so attached to that soft, cuddly piece of cloth. I never had a child get that attached to bedtime comforts. Bella and Dylan seem to have lots in common!

Stephanie said...

So cute! Yay Ryan!

wackywilsons said...

Great story! I love that Ryan was the hero! Way to go!

I now only let Austin have his blankie in his bed, he can't take it out...that allows us to not lose it. Then again, he is a year OLDER than Bella, so let's hope he is getting less attached to it:)